Friday, December 16, 2005

Center of it All Epilogue

NOTE TO JIB VOTERS - This is the final installment of Center of it All. It was inadvertantly put on the Jerusalem Post Site as the main link for this series. You can find the beginning of the series here.

The rink was cold, but the smile on Eli’s face kept me warm. We hadn’t spent much time together over since the divorce, but I was determined to spend more time with my children. Today, it was Eli’s turn.

We held hands, talking, as we skated around the rink a few times. Then, she skated away, looking like an angel on ice, to skate with her friends.

There had been a cloud that settled over my life years ago. I had been living in darkness for so long, I hadn’t even noticed it was there, until it went away. The nightmares had lost their hold on my nights, and I was back to giving my clients the kind of service I could provide.

My skate got caught in a rut on the ice, and I went crashing down, sliding on the ice into the wall.

Eli saw me fall and skated across the rink to see if I was OK.

“Are you OK, Daddy,” she asked.

“Never better, sweetie, never better.”

The preceeding story is fiction. You can find the beginning of this story earlier on this blog.


Previous Section
  • The House Part 2
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger and so it shall be... said...

    You've got it. Trust me.

    10:38 AM  
    Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

    good story, kept me wanting to read the next. Read alot of crazy thrillers recently?

    12:45 PM  
    Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

    NICE

    2:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

    3:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home